How to Contact the Department of Labor?

If you have a dispute with your employer, contacting the Department of Labor might be the solution. Especially if this is a dispute about an FMLA leave. By law, employees are covered to get FMLA leave for up to 12 weeks. If the employer doesn’t allow the employee to take the leave which is job-protected, the employee has the right to take this to the court or to the Department of Labor.

Since the FMLA leaves are covered under the federal law, your priority should be the federal government’s Department of Labor, not your state. The easiest way to contact the Department of Labor is by giving a call. Dial 1 (866) 487-2365 to talk to a representative of the Department of Labor.

TTY: 1-866-487-2365

You can also e-mail the Department of Labor but you must find the DOL agency that deals with your problem. To find the agency that deals with your problem, visit here.

All and all though, it’s best to call the Department of Labor as a response to e-mails can take up to 3 business days.

Posted in DOL

Leave a Reply